Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE
Coronavirus (COVID-19) UPDATE: 16 March 2020
EDU Africa continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak.
The safety and health of our partners and program participants are of the utmost importance to us. We also remain committed to honoring the completion of academic objectives for all programs and are willing to work with partners to ensure this happens.
With respect to the COVID-19 outbreak in our regions, there have now been multiple confirmed cases in several of our regions.
Kenya announcement (15 March):
- Travel from any country with any case of Coronavirus restricted.
- Only Kenyans citizens allowed back with self-quarantine or government-designated facility – in effect for 30 days.
- All who arrived within the last 14 days must self-quarantine.
South Africa announcement (15 March):
- Travel ban on foreign nationals from High-Risk countries
- Canceled VISA from High-Risk countries
- Any foreign nationals who have visited High-Risk countries in the past 21 days will be denied VISA’s
Commitment to flexibility
For those of you with concerns regarding how COVID-19 may develop, we have engaged with lodges and suppliers in order to request that they waive their cancellation policies and penalties. Most have been accommodating, allowing for last-minute payment and the availability to use one’s credit within a year of intended travel. Having secured these concessions, EDU Africa undertakes to be as flexible and generous as possible in the application of our own terms and conditions. This being said, please understand that we are all trying out best to manage the financial implications of this outbreak. We suggest that you reach out to your relevant contact person within EDU Africa in order to explore the flexible options available to your group.
EDU Africa will continue to post updates regarding the situation on the ground should it change. For those looking for additional resources on this topic, we recommend visiting, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.